Singapore Bookstores

So recently I had to get some (uncommon) law books for my cousin and had to scour through the different bookshops in Singapore to find them. Here is my evaluation of the local bookstores:

1. Kinokuniya - Replied within 2 hours, telling me that they did not have the books but could order it immediately. Books would arrive 4-6 weeks later. 4/5
2. Times - Replied a day later, gave me a follow up call the next day when I didn't reply. Very helpful and proceeded to order the books and gave me pick up options. Told me that the books would arrive 1 week later. 5/5
3. Borders - Replied after three days, apologised and informed that they did not have the book. 2/5
4. MPH - Called me after one day, apologised and informed that they did not have the book. 3.5/5
5. Harris - Replied after two days, apologised and informed they did not have the book. 3/5
6. Opentrolley.com.sg - placed an order immediately. Books would arrive 2-4 weeks later. When I had queries, staff managed to get back to me within 3 hours. 4/5

All in all, service was pretty decent with all the bookstores getting back to me in one form or another. Service staff I dealt with were also very kind/helpful/apologetic.

The book stores can improve by allowing for an online search of their database. That way I can find out for myself if the store carries the book. Also all the store websites should definitely have a special order email address to send these type of requests to. There were 1-2 instances where I had to send it to a general email.

In the end, I ordered one of the books from opentrolley and the other from Times. Should be getting them real soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment