Love birthdays!

I love birthdays!

There are two parts to a birthday. The first part is that of having all your friends together to celebrate you. I enjoyed all the get togethers very much this year. In between Universal Studios and the night out yesterday, I really had an awesome time with the people I adore the most. It's such a good feeling and you feel so loved!! The thing with getting older is that it becomes harder and harder to meet big groups of people Everyone is so busy with their lives and schedules and with the "cannot make its" and the "i'll drop by late" it becomes tough to meet up proper. BUT the great thing about birthdays is that since you are now queen/king for the day, most of your friends will drop their commitments to get together.

The second part is one that I don't quite like. It's the part that sinks in as the week goes past, your age is no longer the same. You are now a year older, and yet you feel the same, like you haven't gained the wisdom that comes with the new age. It's also the sinking feeling that your life is passing by and you are not living it to the best of your ability. This part sucks. Twenty-five, 25, dua puluh lima, yirmi besh! I am a quarter of a century old. I feel like I should have already accomplished more. I'm only at the beginning of my career and settling down is still slightly far off. I haven't done even a quarter of the things I want to accomplish in this life!

Birthdays. It makes you reflect and it is so full of splendid love. It reminds you how lucky and loved you are. Seriously, what is there not to love about it?

Here is to everyone celebrating their birthdays soon. And here is to the ones that made this year's birthday so wonderful.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment