Rohini Nilekani

Wow not blogged in quite a while - well its mainly because of twitter.

So updates? I finallyy got my BB =) which I am slowly but surely getting used to.

Other than that, work has been good, though slightly draining.

----

I read a really interesting story the other day which I thought was quite inspiring.

http://www.forbes.com/global/2010/0315/philanthropy-technology-infosys-rohini-nilekani-india.html?partner=technology_newsletter

It's about this lady, Rohini who is uber rich. But she spends her days helping the poorest parts of India with important necessities. The cool thing is the way she does it - she doesn't just write a cheque and sleep well at night thinking she has done her best. She devotes her life to ensuring that every dollar she spends goes to the benefit of the people.

Definitely inspiring and something I want to do when I have that kind of cash! It's so much better than spending your days shopping, wining, dining and what not. More fulfilling I would think.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment